How Much Can You Borrow?


All required fields are marked with an asterisk *.

Income and Debt


Enter your long term monthly expenses ONLY:

Estimated Affordability

The following computations are based on these general rules: Your monthly housing cost should not exceed 28 percent of your gross monthly income. If you have other long-term debt (car payments or credit card balances), that monthly debt plus your house payment shouldn't be more than 36 percent of your monthly gross income.

  Lower Upper
Borrowed Principal $0 $0
Monthly Principal + Interest $0 $0

* ASSUMING year fixed rate at %

Computation 1

Monthly salary before taxes: $0
Many lenders allow you to spend less than the following computations are based on this general rule. Your monthly housing cost should not exceed 28 percent of your gross monthly income. If you have other long-term debt (car payments or credit card balances), that monthly debt plus your house payment shouldn't be more than 36 percent of your monthly gross income. 8% of your gross income on your housing expense: $0
20% of the above amount are for Taxes and Insurance, leaving 80% for principal and interest:$0

Computation 2

Computation 2
Monthly salary before taxes:$0
Many lenders allow 36% of your gross monthly income for long-term debt:$0
Your estimated other LONG-TERM debt is:$0
Leaving your total PITI (Principal, Interest, Taxes, & Insurance)$0
20% of the above amount are for Taxes and Insurance, leaving 80% for principal and interest:$0